That Fantasy World...

The time ended, and that's when I had to say goodbye...
My life is a fantasy, full of magic and mystery. I know what you’re thinking, magic isn't real. But the world is more than a green and blue sphere, lost in the middle of the universe, casually spinning to its heart content. I used to be like one of you, who never knew this, but one day, that all changed.
It was an ordinary day. I walked to school in the cold, wet rain. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I picked it up. It was another text, from the same person. That private number that keeps rushing through my head. 0684392394. I have it memorised over the multiple times it has sent me messages. This one message was different though. Before, it always sent one word, like "magic" "blind" "universe" and they never made sense. But this time, it told me something, that suddenly made things stand out, and uncover this mystery. "Look at things in a different perspective." I look at all the words he has sent me, and see a pattern. These words make a sentence going backwards. "The universe is a strange place, and many people don't believe in magic. All these years people have been blind, they haven't seen the mystery, the shadow to the object, the purpose of it all. They haven't been able to realise that everything has a behind the scenes, a clearer meaning, if you just take a step further you can explore the fantasy that has now become real."
I look up from my screen and stand in amazement, because I am not waiting for the bus, but am standing in the arms of fantasy. I watch as the sky changes colour, from a marshmallow pink, to a sunny yellow, the clouds looking like the fizz in a cool glass of lemonade. The sun shines over my body, making me feel hot and relaxed. The birds are singing songs that make my face awaken, and the trees are whispering sweetly to each other. As I look around, I see a small figure come towards me. As I look closer, a man in a suit and tie walks over to me, with a big grin on his face. He is the one who sent me all the strange texts.
I have had a long day here, and have enjoyed it so much, and never want to leave, but, there always has to be an end. During our chat, he told me that I have to leave soon, but I don't want it to end.
The bell rings, and that's when I have to say goodbye. I will miss this place... "Excuse me! Taylor!" Huh? I look around, and realise that I am in the classroom, sitting next to my friend. "Um, sorry could you repeat that?" I say to the teacher. Was this all just a day dream, or could fantasy be a reality?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!