Feeling Warmth

Sometime later Sooty was thinking of a name that he could give the young girl. Anastasia? No, she wouldn’t like that name, what about Alexis? Nah. He kept on thinking and thinking, he was stuck until he remembered, his mother’s name was Amelia! What a lovely name, it suited the girl right and it reminded him of his mother. Sooty scampered over to the young brown haired girl. “Guess what!” Sooty said, “Ahhh!” The young girl screamed with fright. “Sooty you scared me!” She said. “Sorry…” Sooty said as he looked at her with sorry eyes. “It’s okay sooty just please don’t do that again” She said. “But I do have a name for you!” Sooty said, as soon as he said that her eyes lit up with happiness and warmth. “A n-name! F-For me?!” The girl said, “Yes, your new name shall be Amelia.” Sooty said. Amelia’s eyes lit up again brighter than before, so bright that you could light up a dark room. “T-Thank you Sooty!” Amelia said with glee and happiness. She could finally do more and she felt more like a human and that she belonged in this world. After a few more weeks, Amelia and Sooty went on adventures together. When I say adventures I mean, just exploring around the woods a little bit but not too much. Just in case they get lost and can’t find their way home. They also decorated their house. They painted it and got some flowers and made a path, they got some old furniture like some beds and chairs, and they got some food. They met some other woodland animals like deer, ducks, and squirrels. Amelia also started to write a book called feeling lost. She would write in it for 3 hours every day, she would get help and inspiration from her woodland friends and the surroundings around her. “Amelia, can you please put down your book and come down for lunch!” Sooty said to Amelia while getting berries and fruit ready. As Amelia came down the stairs she knew that she had found warmth…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!