Voice Of An Angel

There is this woman that lives across the hall from me and I hear her singing all the time. What a beautiful voice she has! Such delight, such emotion. Her voice is a master piece. When she starts to sing I stop everything I'm doing and listen to her. She usually brings tears to my eyes.

What a weird thing, a person that I have never met could make me feel so peaceful. I think she has a voice that could bring doves to her window and could make babies to calm in their cribs.

I never realized how much emotion she was singing with until one day she started to cry. I could hear her cry. I walked across the hall to the woman's door and knocked. Not even a minute later she answered and looked as though nothing had happened.

"What happened Miss? You stopped singing."

We sat and talked for a long time, even cried together.

She lost her baby boy a year ago and sings only to him, hoping that maybe, he can hear her voice from above and sing along.

I respect this woman, for she herself is an angel, and doesn't deserve the pain she goes through.

I left that day and from then on she still continued to sing and when she does, I think of how happy her boy is to hear his mother’s voice. I know I am.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!