The First Day Of Year 7

It was the first day of school. I didn’t know anyone I didn’t even know who was going to be in my class. So when it was time to go into the School Hall a sat right next to two girls one was named Pun and the other was her twin sister Arlo she was just new she had only come from Thailand to Australia two weeks ago.

So when it was about ten minutes before the teachers were going to be introduced and the principle was going to address the Year 7 students. Pun told me her name she said
“hi my name is Pun” then I replied
“Pardon?” so she answered
“Pun” and then I replied
“Pardon?” again she replied one more time
“Pun” giggling I still had had no idea what she said.

So when it was after class we went to recess I decided to sit with some people I met on the day of the tests we had to do. I didn’t really know them that well but I wanted to get to know them better. So I hung out with them for about two weeks. After about two weeks I realised that Pun and Arlo were both in my classes except Pun wasn’t in my language class but Arlo was.
So then after I realised that I asked Pun
“Hey, are you the girl who I sat next to on the first day of school?”
Pun replied, “Yes and you abandoned me.”
So then I answered “Oh sorry, I thought you were following me”
And then we both started to laugh.

So from then on I have been friends with Pun and Arlo and they are both very nice friends to have.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!