SAO (Sword Art Online)

Technology has rapidly increased over the years and we are starting to see changes that humans couldn’t contradict 50 years ago.
Akaba Akihiko, a mad scientist who invented the netgear created the game SAO where the user itself enters the game and becomes a player of his or her choice.
It’s gotten almost everyone into it, and 13 year old Kirito isn’t planning on stopping anytime soon.
On a nice sunny afternoon Kirito was fighting a wild beast as practice to sharpen his sword fighting skills when he stumbled upon a guy struggling against a level 5 wolf.
“What’s wrong?” Kirito asked. “I can’t seem to hurt it when I strike it with my sword,”the young fellow said in distress.
“Have you tried charging up your sword,” Kirito suggested. “Charging up?” said the man confused.
“I take it you don’t play this game very much,”said Kirito.
“Yea, I just got the game, still learning the basics.”
Kirito told the man everything he needed to know about this game and the man thanked him.
“My name’s Alan,” he said,
“Nice to meet you Alan, the name’s Kirito,” he said with enthusiasm.
They continued for the rest of the afternoon fighting wild beasts to level up and gain XP.
“Hey Kirito, I think I’m going to head out and log off,” said Alan.
“Yea, you’re probably right, it’s getting late,” replied Kirito.
They opened up their main menu but the log off button was no where to be found. Suddenly the whole sky went black and a huge person wearing a hoodie cloak that looked like the grim reaper spoke to everyone in a fearful, heartaching voice.
“Attention players of SAO, you’ve noticed that the log off button is no where to be found. This is due to the annoucement I am about to give out. Everyone in here is stuck until a group of you clear the game and reach level 100. If you die here, you die in the real world and if a family or friend tries to remove the netgear off you, your brain will be fried and potentially you’ll die. Good luck to you all, good bye.”
Everyone fell to their knees crying and screaming. You name it, Kirito thought to himself. It’s a test and if many back down, they’ll all die.
Kirito made the decision along with Alan to create a guild (team up) and finish this game off together.
TO BE CONTINUED…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!