A Change In The Works

I woke up like usual taking out my earphones and turning to the right side of my bed grabbing my phone. I turned on my phone and opened my twitter app to see what the world was up to today. I looked at my feed to see Luke Hemmings a member of the band known as “5 Seconds Of Summer” had tweeted out saying: “Heart goes out to Paris”
I sat up in my bed confused and turned to google to cure that. I typed the word Paris in the search engine then clicked on to news and the first sentence I saw was “Paris massacre gunman” my heart sunk as I began to read the article.
The city that I knew as the city of love was now seen to me as the city of lost.
I swiped out of Google and back on to my twitter scrolling down my twitter feed. All I could see was the hashtag “#PrayForParis” I then saw a tweet from Carter Reynolds a former member of a group call “Magcon” who had gone their separate ways: “I see humans, but no humanity”
I turned off my phone and walked to my window opening the curtains and looking out at what was in front of me.
I was safe.
I walked out to the kitchen to see my family having breakfast as they greeted me with the words of ‘Good Morning’ I walked over to the table and sat with my family as I began to eat with them. They looked happy. I stayed quiet.
I wondered if they knew about the tragic events that had been occurring over night while we all slept. They soon realised that I was quiet and asked me if everything was alright. I told them about what was going on and everyone soon lost their appetite to eat.
I went back to my room and got ready for the day.
I looked at my phone and opened up my twitter again.
There was an argument going on with Baylynne from a series of an American show and a random girl. The random girl questioned why she was standing up for the islamic people and Baylynne had replied that: “ISIS do not represent Islamic people”
Later that night I watched on TV the breaking news of the terrible event and watched as Obama addressed the situation.
But what I found comfort in was when the French people sung their national anthem proudly as they evacuated.
I saw the world light up with the French colours.
I see humanity.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!