ODE TO A WRITER

I fell for thee who had stars in his eyes and held the world in the palm of his hand.
Not letting the beast that lives inside escape to the shore and the sand.
His spirit and his love for the world stunned those who were afraid.
Time didn't stop his passion nor did life's colors seem to fade.
His quill and ink was much more than that, it held adventure, tears and hope.
It create and breaks and causes pain so continue if you can cope.
Beyond his soothing voice and smile was a story yet to be told,
Oh prophecies and memories that I'm just waiting to unfold.
His gentle manner and fragile mind completely warmed my heart.
His love was like a painting; a magnified work of art.
He opened my eyes to a brand new world, he showed me fondess and distress.
But even through all the hardest times I thank him nonetheless.
He held onto fanciful dreams of things surpassing imagination.
Wherever he goes shan't bother me; his heart was my destination.
He didn't question why the world was dim, instead he tried to make it shine.
He wanted to see the playful moon that dances with stars align.
He saved me from myself when it was too hard to hold on.
He appreciates the little things before they all are gone.
The tweet of a bird or the buzz of the bee is normal in an ordinary day.
But to him it's a reminder that we're not alone even when life turns to grey.
He sees past life's demons and knows that there's good in everyone.
His beauty shows inside and out, oh he's anything but done.
He's lost in his own little world of thought, not having a care in the world.
The clock was still on his side; time was an oyster and he was pearled.
He loved the middle of nowhere where inspiration was running wild.
He knew that the trees were speaking and the burning sun just smiled.
He had faith in the things that seemed impossible from most perspectives.
He claimed life was a mystery and we were the detectives.
Even though his time has come, his hope will still amaze.
So I guess I wanted to say thank you at the end of this lovely praise.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!