The Flash

The Flash

I was looking at the camera shop in Warringal with my mum when I saw, to my amazement, in a glass display case, the camera of all cameras, and when I say the camera of all cameras, I mean the most fantastic camera of all. It was THE FLASH!
Mum and I thought it was the best camera we had ever seen.
We went over to the counter and asked how much for the camera in the glass display case.
The guy at the counter said, “It’s not for sale.”
Mum and I both yelled, “How much for that one over there?”
“Fine,” said the shop-keeper, “Let’s make a deal, let’s say $342,628.00.” He drew a big breath, “and 52 cents.”
Our mouths dropped open so far that a frog could have made a home in it.
We thought about it but at the same time we said, “Naaaaa,” and walked out, but after 3 seconds, we came straight back again. We couldn’t resist, we wanted that camera.
We paid up and walked out with the most AWESOME, FANTASTIC, LITERALLY AMAZING camera. We walked out with THE FLASH!!!!!!
Mum even said I could take it to school to show my friends.
I used some bubble wrap from my own personal bubble wrap collection, and carefully wrapped the camera up and put it in my back pack.
I couldn’t wait to get it to school the next day, because only I knew the secret of THE FLASH …
But this was the day I was dreading, the day of the Maths Test!

I saw Mr Willow, my maths teacher, walking through the hallway, he was my least favourite teacher and he was by himself. I whipped out THE FLASH and took his picture. Great I didn’t have to worry about him anymore - Mr Willow had disappeared.
I just had one more thing to do.
Quickly I jumped on my bike and rode ‘till I couldn’t ride any more, then I put on my roller blades ‘till I came to a hill, I skateboarded down it, caught a bus at the bottom and then rowed all the way to South America. Phew, it took me fifteen minutes!
Then I whipped out my camera again and making sure no one was around I took another photo. This time Mr Willow reappeared. He looked around rather confused. Where was he?
Not wanting him to ask me any awkward questions I quickly rowed my boat, caught the bus, skateboarded up the hill, roller bladed to my bike and then rode back to school.
I had been gone twenty seven minutes. The trip home had only taken me twelve minutes and no one had noticed I was missing!
THE FLASH had done its work. No Maths Test, now for English.
That’s when I noticed Ms Booglebarty, my English Teacher and my second least favourite teacher walking down the corridor and she was on her own.
I wonder if Mr Willow wants some company.


THE END (OR IS IT !!!!!!)

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!