Memories

What terribly scares me, is the ability for the mind to change your memory.
The memories of you, your favourite colour, your favourite food, books.
Drinks and movies, oh god.
All of my memories of you, of what we had, I cling so dearly to them.
Those midnight thoughts I stay up every night with, those tears and laughs and yells and giggles we've shared together constantly whirl around in my head.
Our first kiss, our first night together, our first date, our first dance, all of our many firsts I recall every day.
The way your eye crinkles when you smile, the slight dimple that shows when you try and hide a grin,
the delight in your voice when we talk about something you love, the way you'll squeeze my hand slightly when your nervous, and the way you bite your lip when you're deep in thought.
I want to remember all of them.
I want to desperately have the memories fill me up, because that will be the only way I can still have you in my life, the only way to feel as if you're still mine.
Memories are the only thing I have left of you, left of us.
When my memories change and fade, would you completely die away too?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!