Sasha

The last thing I saw through my dark murky eye was mum. Standing, looking down at me through blurry eyes, crystal tears streaming down her delicate face.
For a moment there was nothing but pitch black, until off in the distance a golden speck appeared. It began to grow larger. I knew it meant me no harm, I didn't know how I knew that, but I did. I wondered what it was as it came so close it nearly touched the tip of my wet, black nose. Everything was still, but then came an explosion of dazzling light.
When the explosion cleared, all I could see was snow white, like a ginormous white canvas. Suddenly a little green smudge appeared then a blue one, purple, pink, yellow and orange. I looked at the smudges entranced, what were they? I stood there looking and then I noticed the tiny smudges grow larger, morph into a pure green fields with colourful flowers dotted here and there. I looked up, a bright blue sky hung above me, a glittering yellow sun scorching down on me.
I looked off into the horizon and saw dots of black, brown, grey, white and yellow like a collage. The dots came rushing towards me, galloping over pure green hills. As the dots came closer they morphed into Shih Tzus, Dachshunds like me and Jack Russel cross Lhasa Apsos like my old friend Tinkerbell. I ran over to the numerous dogs and began to play when I suddenly realised that I could run. I hadn't been able to run for ages, before....well before I left my family I had gotten sick, very sick. I couldn't run with Bede and Clea, play with Tinkerbell, jump up to sit with mum, or even run after dad on the tractor. I missed it, I missed my family.
I snapped out of my thoughts when my shiny black nose began to twitch. I looked over to a table laden with meats of every kind, sausages, bacon, and beef. I ran over to the table, my sleek black coat glittering in the sun. I jumped onto the table and smiled my slobbery doggy smile; I could jump higher than an inch! I then tucked into the meat that never seemed to run out.
When I was content with the size of my hairy black belly I jumped off the table and padded over to a tree, I laid down to rest. When I looked up, I saw a house that looked like my old home. Through a window I saw Clea lying in bed asleep her face was wet, I hope she hadn't been crying about me. At the end of Clea's bed lay Tinkerbell curled up on the blanket. Tinkerbell's leathery black nose began to twitch. Slowly Tinkerbell's eyes opened, when she saw me she smiled her little doggy smile and I smiled back. She shut her eyes and fell back to sleep and I did too.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!