Visiting Aunt Pheobe

I sat grumpily in the back seat of the car with my twin sister (named Lia) next to me with the exact same look on her face. I looked out the window to see the trees passing by. My mum looked at my sister and I “You know, if you guys were wearing the same clothes with those grumpy faces you would be identical” Mum laughed.

Me and Lia glared at her like she was gum on the bottom of our shoes. Dad glanced at us from the driver’s seat “Come on guys, why don’t you like visiting Aunt Pheobe?” Dad asked. “Because whenever we go to her house something always goes wrong and she blames it on us” I said. “Yeah, and she tells us boring gossip, it’s so boring I nearly fell asleep once!” Lia complained. “Exactly, and –” I started, “STOP COMPLAINING” Mum shouted. We all fell into an awkward silence. Finally, Dad broke the silence “Well, we are here!” he said as he drove into the driveway.

I reluctantly got out of the car and walked to the front door. Mum rang the doorbell and Aunt Pheobe answered the door with one hand and with the other she was holding a glass plate with food on it. “There you are, come in” Aunt Pheobe said as she gestured for us to come in. I followed Mum and Dad inside and as soon as we did Aunt Pheoebe accidentally dropped the plate onto the floor and it shattered into pieces. Aunt Pheobe looked at me and Lia. “Well you shouldn’t go around bumping into people like that, should you girls” she said. I sighed, this was going to be a long visit…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!