A Day At Camp

“Croak!” What was that! It was a lovely day at camp. I was walking through the beautiful green paradise filled with wonderful animals and trees. The sun was waking up from its slumber and flowers swayed gently in the cool breeze. Suddenly my friends came rushing towards me. They said that the teachers wanted all the students for an important message. As we were running to the hall, I asked one of my pals, “What do they need us for?” “I don’t know. But I think it might be important,” she replied.
Finally, we arrived to the hall. Our teacher had already begun. “I would like to announce that we are having a competition to see which team can identify the most insects,” he said. “Oh, no!” We groaned. “I hate insects,” whispered one of my friends. “Each of you will get a card in which you must complete,” the teacher went on. “The first team to finish the competition will get a prize!” A wave of excitement ran through the air. “Collect your sheet, the competition starts …NOW!”
We ran to the teachers and got a sheet. Then we hurried into the forest. As we walked, we heard leaves crunching, water splashing and birds singing. It was like we were in a different world! I scrambled under a bush, hoping to find something. Then I felt it. Cold, wet and...SLIMY?! Yuck! I froze. The thing had gripped on my neck. I tried to move quietly, but…. “CROAK!” I ran for my life. My friends were staring at me like I was crazy! I ran and ran as fast as I can.
I wanted to touch it...What was hanging on my neck? I turned around and saw it. Want to know? Simple. It was a FROG! And did we win the competition? Yes! After I ran, my friends had found all 10 insects, and we won…
…A lollipop!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!