Olympic Dream

When I was eighteen years old and living in hot Jamaica, I realised I had a dream to accomplish. I wanted to go to Brazil so I could compete in the Rio 2016 Olympic games in swimming.

I travelled a plethora of kilometres from Jamaica to Brazil. I hoped someone from the Jamaican Olympic committee saw how far I travelled so I could be selected. My pocket money helped me get close to Rio but I had to swim a few kilometres along the coast to reach Brazil. The swim was long and tiring but I couldn’t stop until I arrived.

When I arrived in Brazil, I found an empty cabin, by the cool river, to stay in. I woke up early the next morning to a knock on the front door. No one was there but on the doormat was a contract to trial for the Jamaican swim squad for the Rio Olympic game.

I was gratified to have been seen by The Jamaican Olympic committee as I swam the coast. They would be coming back in the afternoon to collect the contract they had left for me to sign.

My dream had come true. I couldn’t believe that I would be representing Jamaica. Even better, I will be representing Jamaica alongside the fastest human being on the planet, Usain Bolt.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!