Edith Foxer-The Beginning

‘Hurry up Edith, you’re late!’ yelled Trish, Edith’s mother from downstairs holding a plate of pancakes. ‘Coming!’ Edith yelled. It was Edith’s first day of high school, and boy was she nervous! At least she has her two best friends, Lily and Jamie are transferring with her. As Edith rushes down the stairs the keyrings on her bag hanging from one shoulder jingle, whilst Edith is tying her messy, uncombed hair up in a ponytail. ‘Why Edith do you never listen to my advice and put an alarm on?’ questions her mother, impatiently grabbing her keys and phone. ‘Because mum it is simply a disturbance to my beauty sleep’ Edith smirks. She then stuffs one pancake that is drowning in syrup in her mouth, ties her shoelaces and heads out the door after her mother.
As the car tyres come to a squeaky holt, Edith takes a big breath and steps out the backseat door. She turns around to grab her bag and looks at her mother, ‘Don’t worry, you’ll be fine’ she assures Trish. Edith stares around for a second until she hears voices screaming her name, from the concrete drop-off, ‘Edith!’ Edith turns to her side, and sees her two best friends running towards her. Edith squeals and then they all run and give each other a big hug. ‘I missed you all so much!’ Edith said. They all started walking to administration to get ready for orientation.
‘Hang on, you go ahead I just have to go to the bathroom,’ Edith comments turning and walking towards the girls’ toilet block. ‘Edith Foxer’ comes a quick whisper from a bush. Edith walks over to the bush suspiciously. ‘Who’s there?’ she questions. A tall, woman figure in black ascends from the bush, shoving a P.R.A.I.S.E badge in Edith’s face. ‘Special agent Carlson, Miss Foxer you have been chosen to be a recruit and lead the kids division of spy’s in the P.R.A.I.S.E agency’ blurts special agent Carlson. ‘Wait, what!’ shouts Edith. ‘There is no time for questions, but if you would like to see me after to ask questions, visit me at this bush after your last period. ‘Okay’ Edith responded with intrigue.
The bell had rung and the last period was over, Edith suddenly remembered the conversation with Agent Carlson. ‘Hey, I’m so sorry girls but I’ll meet you later’ Edith said. Her friends understood and Edith took off to the mysterious bush near the girls’ toilet block.
‘Hello?’ Edith whispered. She didn’t see Agent Carlson, so started heading home, rethinking everything that she said.
As Edith stood in front of her house, rummaging for her house key in her bag, she felt a hard knock to the head and fell to the ground. As she woke up in front of her stood bald man with an eye patch on his left eye wearing a black coat, whilst standing in front of a platinum sign that read EVIL headquarters. ‘Hello Edith, we have been waiting for you.’

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!