Darkness

What lurks in the shadows? In your darkest imagination, what is it, that you see? Perhaps, a creature? Or do you see 'darkness' it self?

The reflective moonlight bends around the trees, cutting through the darkness. The leaves rustle, and the owl takes its flight. It’s time. The time where darkness takes over. You stand there. Alone. All alone, in the shadows of the night. The clouds slowly lurk in, hiding the mysterious moon. Until there is no light. Not a single spec of light. The darkness engulf you, slowly trapping you within this unescapable bond. There is no doubt, it’s coming.

The wind howls violently, bending the trees over. The fox scurries into its burrow, leading its cubs to safety. While the humans, sitting in front of the ferocious beast. The beast they call ‘fire’. They remain stationary, only chanting and praying that it will go away. But it was useless. The scales have tipped. What has been done cannot be reversed. No matter what you do, or how hard you try it’s useless. It has already begun…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!