Ko Ko 21: Undone!

Zoom! “Ko Ko takes the lead. She is really duelling well now!” squawked Katy. Ko Ko was a beautiful rainbow parrot, but Dan, her dad and duelling partner, was even prettier!
Ko Ko won the battle and everyone clapped. Ko Ko and all her friends put their swords into their bags. They were laughing and enjoying the sun when suddenly the ground shook and there was a frightening cracking sound. A large hole appeared in the universe and out flew ghosts and dragons!
“Roar!” Following the ghosts and dragons was the largest dragon of all - the great Dark Lord. He was a ghost dragon. “Run!” screamed Ko Ko. “Run?” said Foo Foo, “What is....” “Just go. GO!” yelled Ko Ko.
“To the tree. Now!” screamed Ko Ko. They opened the door of their tree home to find ghosts lurking inside. There was fighting and noise everywhere. As the ghosts flew towards them, Ko Ko fluffed out her tail and used it as a shield.
“Look out!” yelled Ko Ko. “A dragon is behind you!” She screamed, “Aaarrrgh!” Scarlett and Foo Foo screamed.
The friends hid in Ko Ko’s feathers. “What can we do?” asked Loo Loo. “She’s got a point. What can we do?” asked Dan. “None of us have a clue, Ko Ko,” said Katy. “Boo Boo, can you NOT hang in the air like a dead chicken?” shouted Ko Ko. “Burrrrrr!” blurted Boo Boo, he didn’t like that idea.
Ko Ko puffed out her chest with courage. “Plan A is for us to kill all the evil ghosts and dragons and defeat the Dark Lord... Plan B is to ‘run for your lives!’”
BOOM! The dragons were pushing against a building causing it to fall down on them! “Run!” screamed Ko Ko. Scarlett and Foo Foo jumped on top of dragons! They managed to break their backs and kill them all, except for Ko Ko. Her dragon didn’t die.
“Ko Ko, you’re on the back of the Dark Lord, right now!” yelled her friends.
“ROAAAARRR” cried the Dragon Lord. “Boo boo boo!” Threeo the ghost had come to join the fun. Threeo had the power to split things into three. When he attacked Ko Ko, she split into three Ko Ko’s! The dragon roared his outrage. Ko Ko’s friends all started fighting the ghosts, leaving the three Ko Kos to face the last dragon.
“Aaarrrggghhh” squawked Ko Ko 1. “Yikes!” screamed Ko Ko 2. “Nice dragon, nice dragon,” said Ko Ko 3.
“If we all work together, we can defeat the Dark Lord, so let’s get our swords out,” said Ko Ko 1.
They all got out their swords and ‘Roar’ hack, swing, chomp, swipe, and wack. The fight went on and on until finally the Dark Lord was dead.
As soon as he died, all of the other ghosts vanished. Ko Ko 2 and 3 also disappeared, and everything went quiet.
“Well then. Let’s get back to that duelling game!” said Ko Ko.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!