With Thoughts

Finalist in the 'Word Zone 2016' competition

The mind, do you think about it?
What do you think about?
Maybe this will make you think about it. Read this…think about it and learn from my own thoughts.
Conversation strikes. A girl.
Blonde and beautiful big eyes.
She is beautiful I ask her what she is doing. She replies with nothing.
She speaks; “What are you thinking
about?” I think about this and look at her. “You, I am thinking about you.”
She smiles. That smile opens my mind to a future with thoughts.
I lay in bed, always thinking, it hurts, it’s emotional…hard to manage. I can’t think of life without her, I need to find her.
Just her. She is everything. She will be mine. I think she knows it. If she doesn’t…she will. I fall asleep with that last thought.
Busy. Lights flashing. No space.
No room for thoughts. This environment is not one for me. I am here everyday…why? It makes me think. She pops up, plus a million other thoughts. Everything flowing through my head. I am distracted. I lose control. I fall 153.6 meters; I am falling for what feels like an hour. She pops up into my mind as I hit the water. I can’t feel anything, but I’m still thinking. How is this possible?
How do I have thoughts?
I wake to sirens piercing at my mind; she stays in my mind as all other things clear for the siren. I’m blacking out again, everything is leaving me, even my thoughts.
Aaahhh! I wake in pain. Searing pain. Nothing flows through my head. What is my name? Where am I? What am I doing here? I can’t think of any options. A nurse walks in. rushes to my bed. I don’t know what to do. I lay there. I ask her. She doesn’t reply. She pokes me with a needle. I’m down again. No thoughts.
I wake to a woman claiming to be someone I know, I don’t know her. She says she has known me for years; I haven’t had any memories in years. She’s not from the past. I yell out to the nurse. She comes and pokes me with a needle. Still no thoughts.
They release me from my cell type bed. Apparently my name is Amadeus. I live on 83rd street in the northern regions they said. I am dropped there. Nothing is familiar. I am terrified. I drop to the ground in tears. I can’t remember. I don’t have any thoughts.
A beautiful blonde girl with big eyes is at my door. She also says she knows me. I don’t reply, she asks me; “What are you thinking about?” an explosion breaks out in my mind with a thousand memories and feelings. I reply… “You, I’m thinking about you.” She similes, I smile. She is mine. She is with my thoughts.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!