New School, New Life

The start of 2015 was an eventful one. After the first day of the long and dreary school year my mother sat me down to tell me exciting news. “We're moving houses!" she exclaimed. “At the end of the year we will be living in Mernda, VIC. It's an hour drive away so you will have to move schools as well.” That single day my life changed. After the excitement, many mind burning questions were running through my brain. What if I never see my childhood friends ever again? What if I don't make any friends? For most of the year, I was anxious for what was to come the following year. My parents tried to assure me that everything was going to be great in our new house. This made me tired, dreary and glum the next few days. Finally the day I dreaded the most came. The last school day of 2015. I cannot lie, a few tears were shed during that day but my friends assured me that we will keep in touch. A few weeks after the start of 2016, we gathered all of our things to move to the new house I dreaded to see. I said goodbye and farewell to the home that sheltered me for four whole years. The glum and grey sky that day just made me more anxious of what to come. The leading weeks to the new school was uneventful but filled with anxiety and wonder. Slowly but surely the days were counting down towards the first day of my new school. And surely it finally came. I dressed in a professional looking school uniform with the main colour of deep violet. The ride to the new school was silent and filled with tension. I stepped nervously into a new and alien-like classroom with my mind blank. My teacher was a friendly faced man looking like he was in his mid twenties. Mr. Teacher started to introduce me. My mind was not thinking but my body stood up and walked towards the front. After a short applause, I started to talk about who I am and where I came from. Some students were giving their whole attention to me to find out what kind of person I was. After a short introduction of me, I sat down next to a nice looking boy who would soon be my best friend in this different and alien-like school. First few weeks of school were more amazing than I could have hoped for, I made friends with almost everyone in my class and because of my height, I also attracted some friends from other classes too. I know now that change could be great and is needed. This new school will be where I will learn and grow for the rest of my school years. It has changed me so much that I would not recognise my former self at my old school.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!