Never Will I Bow

“Kill me if you must, but I will never bow to a King who wears a crown studded with jewels of every life he has ended.” It was whispered, but I had said it.
“Death, such a sweet escape.” His icy fingers laced around face, gently brushing my hair away from my face. I shuddered. “Much too good for you, you deserve more.” The deep level baritone voice dripped with evil.
He wasn’t always like this, I like to still think that there is still good in him, but every time I look at him. Its harder and harder to see. He too was once a child. In whom innocence had roamed, imagination free allowed to wonder. That was all taken away in a matter of minutes. His Mother slaughtered before his very eyes, his twin brother taken from his clutched hand. Back then, his eyes had been wounded and betrayed. Now they were cold, with no mercy. Unwavering as he peered at me. I would never back down, not this time.
“You, you humans took everything from me. Now I will simply return the favor.”
Behind me the clacking of heavy steel capped boots grew louder and louder. Despite this, I could still hear the padding of bear feet against the pure white marble. All blood rushed from my face, it must have been white because the King simply smirked. My little sister. Was I really going to sacrifice my little sister? My heart tore in two. I would not cry, that was not going to help anything. I racked my brain for options, but found it useless. Despite my resolve one silent tear slid down my cheek, making a track down my pale cheek. Landing on the guard’s arm, who was restraining me. His iron grip lessened for one second. Before he let out an almighty scream. Clutching his hand he fell to the ground.
“Ive been burned!” I didn’t wait for anything, nor did I process what was happening. I roundhouse kicked a guard in the crook of his throat. I tried to remember what my sensei had taught me, but these men were twice my size and strength. I didn’t have time to think, I simply worked on instinct. I grabbed my little sister and tried to race out of the door, but the King was standing in my way. Only one more, and he was in my way too freedom. He was taller than I remembered. And he, would stop at nothing. His determination seemed to overpower me in an instant. Muscles bulged and I was beginning to doubt myself. But it didn’t matter, our lives were in danger. I was sobbing by this time. I landed a solid kick in his gut. He retracted a bit for an instant looked surprised. But just as quickly he regained his composure. He threw a punch but I quickly dodged. I only had strength for one more punch. Wiping my eyes I reeled up and punched him smack in the nose, probably breaking it. Why was he was on the ground yelling about acid?
I didn’t have time to wonder. We made our run for freedom. I was full of question but she beat me to asking them
“Are your tears poisonous?”
“ I don’t know, it doesn’t seem logical. But perhaps the atmosphere of this planet has messed around with the molecule structure of our tears.” “But, it doesn’t matter. We have a way to bring them down now.”


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!