Jeanette Goes Platinum

“Ellen! A medium latte, double chocolate layering and extra foam - not a cappuccino with sprinkles. YUCK!” Jeanette Jones said in disgust as she took a sip in to her mug. She was in the recording studio on the 12 of August 2018.
She was the most appreciated African American 15 year old pop artist in the world with 7 Oscars and her newest song ‘Like a Dove’ on the top of the music charts, beating: Taylor Swift, Rihianna, and even Beyonce. Her stage name is ‘JJ’ which is also her initials.
“Sorry JJ I will whip you up what you want in 1 click of a finger” she said in a Texas accent (because she was from Texas of course).
After Ellen brought JJ her hot drink, JJ started working out on the keyboard with some tunes for her new song ‘Shine Star, Shine’. She was going to perform it at the People's Choice Awards in LA, but she had nothing but the words which was not a good start if she needs to perform it Tomorrow! When she touched the keyboard, she was zapped into another world; and her mind went blank.

“W-where am I?” she said jumping up staring at where she was. But before she could even look at where she was, a girl that looked exactly her age grabbed her arm.

The girl pulled her into what looked like a bush.
“Do you know who I am?” JJ said in an annoyed voice while pulling out twigs and leaves from her top, because while she had been pulled through bushes she had actually ripped her designer top and lost a shoe.
“Yes I do” she said.
JJ still had an annoyed look on her face, “I need your help. We are having this utterly important sing off with you and Selena Gomez. We brought you to Platinum Planet because we all expect you to win and since you are running for Australia and Selena is running for America and she is entering ‘Kill’em With Kindness’ and you are entering ‘Shine Star, Shine’ the whole of Australia supports you”
“Hold up lady” Jeanette said, “I’ve got a concert tomorrow so hurry up with this competition and what’s your name?” JJ said in a hurried voice
“Maddie. Now follow me”.

She took JJ to this hall and it looked like the hall of fame. When JJ had to sing, she sort of improvised because there was no tune but it was still utterly amazing! When Selena had her turn, she lip synced - so she got disqualified. So JJ won!
“I knew you would win” said Maddie.

It was the day of the People’s Choice Awards and JJ had no tune for her song so she had to think on the stage. She made a few mistakes but the crowd utterly loved it. Of course, she won.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!