Magic Saves The Day

A one thousand year old book fell on Jack’s fingers. It looked old and the pages were torn. Jack wailed in pain. Jack looked up to see James, his brother. James said enthusiastically, “I found this book in the library. It says magic on it.”
Jack sighed and said, “There is no such thing as magic.”
“Are you sure?” said James.
“Then how did I learn to do this!” A fireball shot from his hand, circled the room, then extinguished. Jack heard James mutter something before the fireball came and extinguished. “How do you do that?”
“Simple, all you do is say “Flare" with your hand out and imagine. Oh and to extinguish it you say “ t",” explained James. Jack reached out his hand as if he was directing traffic and said, “Flare.” Jack imagined a fire-looking deer running around the room then Jack said “Xt,” and it vanished instantly. Then suddenly a bird flew through the open window and dropped a tiny note. The note said:
I need your help, go to the old house across the road from yours. Sincerely Peter.
They walked back home excitedly. When the time was right, they ran to the old house across the road. It was a tall house with a balcony at the the top, with a dark figure sitting on a chair. When they reached the door, it swung open instantly. Jack and James walked in. The brothers saw a series of winding stairs in the dim light. Jack looked over to see a candle that was about to go out. Jack quickly put out his hand and said, “Flare!” When they reached the top of the stairs, they realised that it lead to one narrow door. James tried to pull it open. It was locked. James said to Jack, “Look for a spell in that book to unlock a door.” Jack flicked through the pages for the spell. “Here it is, ntted,” said Jack. The door opened. “Wait!” said Jack, “What if Peter is bad?”
“Then we will look for a spell to defend ourselves,” replied James. “I found one,” said Jack.
“It blows your enemies up. You say the word poloser.” Jack entered the room. First the lights flicked on,then a monster ran at them. “POLOSER!” said Jack.
Boom! The monster blew up. Five other monsters came charging. “Poloser, poloser, poloser,” said Jack again. Boom! They all blew up at once. Jack realised that there was a balcony. The brothers walked onto the balcony. There was a man sitting in a chair. “Thank you,” said the man.
“My name is Peter. You deserve a party for saving me from the monsters. Onoculose,” the man said. Whoosh! They teleported to a room with plates and platters of food.
“Dig in!” said Peter.
When they had finished Peter said, “Come back at any time and I will be here just say Onoculose.”
The boys said, “Onoculose” and returned home and lived magically ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!