Ocean

I was walking home from school when I found this awful smell coming from the forest. It smelt so gross, that it smells like someone died a thousand years ago. I was debating on whether I should go find out what it is or just walk off. Curiosity got the best of me and had to find out what the hell is that smell. I took the longer way home to figure out that smell. As I was walking home on the side of the road, I got honked at and it scared the living day lights out of me and made me jump out of my socks. I turned around and saw my brother Jackson and his best friend Alex laughing their heads off at me.
“Are you serious guys? Oh my gosh! You guys are such little kids!” I spoke irritated at them.
“C’mon Ocean, it wasn’t that bad, it was a joke.” Jackson responded. “Hey Ocean, why are you going this way. You do realise your turn off was back a few blocks away?” I was trying to think of an excuse why I was going this way.
“Ugh! What is that smell! It’s like someone died outside.” Alex gaged at the smell.
“I uh… I don’t know but I ah… I just wanted to go home the long way…” I anxiously spoke to them. My brother drove further up the road and I knew he wasn’t leaving me. Jack was very overprotective of me and also Alex was as well. Jack pulled over and started approaching me with a “you’re going to tell me why you aren’t going home or we’re leaving.” Expression on his face. I didn’t really want to tell him as I knew he wouldn’t let me go even if he was to come with me, I still wouldn’t be able to go.
“Ocean, you need to tell me why you are going this way!” Jack demanded.
“Please just let me be, I just wanted to go for a walk around and maybe go in the forest.” I spoke trying to make it seem real. Jack gave Alex a look I couldn’t read but I knew it was bad.
“Sure we’ll let you go,” Ahh…. What?!?!
“But we are going with you as I’m not letting you go by yourself.” Jack compromised with me, but I had to take it as the smell just got the best of me.
I shrugged my arm, motioning for them to follow me.
We got closer and closer but the smell got worse and worse. Jackson kept asking me to go back and pulling my arm to go back but I wasn’t. I needed to find out what it was. As soon as I saw it I knew who it was and wished I never came here.
“…Mum?!”


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!