He Is Coming

He grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me into a dark, cold pit. I was just a normal girl. I went to school, I played sport and I served people. That memory will never fade for a million years!
I got home from school; it was like every other day. I unpacked my bag and went to the cupboard. My mum wasn’t home, she always worked, so I was always home alone till 5; 45 when dad comes home.
I went upstairs to my bed room. A turquoise room with shades of purple sprinkling here and there. I would always grab my homework and sit on my water bed just listening to my favourite playlist repeating nonstop with one ear piece in, another out. Coconut, my puppy lay in the sun near my window like she always did to keep warm. It was autumn and my room was always the coldest in the house.
‘Yip, yip’. Coconut was panting frantically as she starred out the window and slowly backed up towards my bed. It was gloomy outside for it had just rained all day. I heard a car door close as if to make a silent encounter. I took out my ear piece and starred out into the grey air outside. Coconut growled. She never did that so I gave her little stare to tell her know it wasn’t okay. It gave me chills down my spine. This wasn’t anyone I knew. It was a dark blue Ute parked on the curb beside my house. 5 minutes pasted as I held coconut in my lap letting her know it was fine. As I got up to put my homework away… BANG BANG BANG! I jumped so high I almost could touch the sealing if I had tried to.
It was coming from the backdoor. An old vinyl door that had been from our old house about 3 years ago. BANG BANG BANG! It kept going. I stood in disbelief remembering an old story my mum had told me about a crime around this area. She said she had made it up, I may not have believed it now! The banging had stopped; coconut had hid under the bed, cuddled up to her favourite chew toy.
‘Hellooooo…’. A strange voice stopped my heart beat for a second. It was a crocking voice with the sound of a lady but not. I could tell it was bad acting, I could tell it was a man.
CRASH. I screamed. Many thuds came from downstairs like boots crashing from left to right, rushing to find something. I kept my balance, staying as silent as I could. The boots had stopped for 5 seconds then….
I ran to my closet at the same time the boots did up the stairs. I closed my eyes and prayed to the lord it would be over in a simple nightmare, that I would wake up and it would be over. Waiting for the time to come.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!