Magnificent Mount Everest

In Nepal there were two keen explorers who were eager to view the phenomenal scenery of Mount Everest. Both explorers were overcome by the snow and cold wind, whooshing here and there. They were trying to remain as tranquil as possible. The men had several jumpers on. They wanted visit Mount Everest as it had been their ultimate dream. They men were walking hours and hours while received terrible frostbite. Mountain after mountain, step by step until amputation was all they could wish for. When they were about to give up, they saw it. It was the most beautiful thing they both had ever seen… it was Mount Everest! The two of them sat on an enormous greyish boulder. The sun rose near Mount Everest. It was the first thing to break through the darkness of the night carrying with it a warm, rosy glow. Within a moment it takes flight, spreading golden light upon the plains, across the mountains. They could hear several birds chirping a melodious tune from the forests. It looked as if it was a painting by Leonardo Da Vinci or Vincent Van Gogh. The bottom of the mountain was covered with smooth, white, soft snow. It was heaven to them. The mountain looked like a gigantic beast. The beast was amber because of the rising sun. The two men sat in the exact same position for hours. The stars were dazzling like millions of spotlights focusing at one figure. They couldn’t make themselves prepare for the homeward journey. All of their hard had finally paid off!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!