Dark Night Of Evilness


At 3 am, I wake up out of a sound sleep. I hear the ice cream truck outside of the house and I realise the sound that woke me up, was my 4 year old daughter letting the screen door slam as she left the house. I run outside to find the truck just taking off as I hear “Daddy! Daddy!” as the truck drives off.


I sprint back to my room to find her there in my bed fast asleep. I then realise she’s not the only one. A clown with a blood red nose and half of its face badly burnt was looking up at me, the clown swiftly disappeared out of the dim light, then I heard heavy breathing behind me. I turn around and there is nothing there. I turn back around. and there’s my daughter standing there with bloodshot eyes. She’s staring straight at me, but I don’t think she look at me? Who is she looking at?

I feel a gust of air past my cheek. I turn around and there’s the red nosed clown about to tackle me, we hit the ground as hard as an asteroid plummeting from space. I try to fight with the midget sized clown but somehow he’s incredibly powerful. He get’s up still shoving me to the ground, he let’s go but I can’t get up, it’s like I’m shackled and chained to the the ground.


“What do you want from me?” I say running out of breath, “your spirit, the most powerful spirit” the clown yells. “Why don’t you just go find someone else?” I say, pleading,”your’s is one of a kind, with your’s I could collect all the souls and spirits in the world and the only thing that will exist is evilness”, the clown shouts, “You will have no hope of getting my soul.” I scream back, the clown looks at me with steel eyes and says “Well, I guess we will have to do it the hard way.” He reaches down to push his long rotting nails through my chest. “Get off me you freak,” I shout. I push him off while clasping his neck.

A reflecting figure slides from his striped trousers. I try to make sense of what it is, it looks similar to a bronze pocket watch. I pick it up as the displeased clown snaps. “Give that here.” He slowly starts to disintegrate like a burning leaf as I open then the watch.

Everything starts go dark as I lose consciousness.

I wake up to sound of the rhythmic music coming from outside. I walk through the pitch dark to find my daughter standing at the screen door, with the ice cream truck passing in the distance.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!