A Glimpse Into One

Excellence Award in the 'Word Zone 2016' competition

I will give you a glimpse into one’s life. On the days that I won’t be diverging a trickle of gossip to you, I will be living it. I know that this must seem strange when we live in a world of multitudes seeking to leave their unique mark on this world. I may dent it but for now, I prefer to do it under the context of equality. I am equal to the surrounding masses as they are equal to me.
My tale begins on a rather sweltering day in early February. Dressed to shock and awe, I opened the door to what would become the hellish prison of my youth. With that, I entered high school. In I swept with a mannerism of absolute and utter terror. It was in those first moments that my innocence had not yet been tarnished that I dared gaze upon the angel that stood in the hallway blocking my only exit of flight from his gaze. It was in that moment that I was imprisoned by his devilish intensity, which was masked behind his perfect body and athletic build. For the next three years, I would fight for air at the irony in being seated beside him in all his coincidental appearances. It wasn’t until today that I would miss his drugging effect. Friday -yesterday- was the last day that I will ever again be allowed the privilege to cower in his magnanimous essence that fills the room only slightly faster than his ego.
That last statement may be somewhat of a shock but what was even more shocking was how much I really didn’t like this guy. He is cruel and at more times than not utterly heartless. To top it off he was one of the school’s best man-whores though money never changed hands in any instances. Yes, I am quite a strange and weird person but you know what they say, “love is blind.” I do not -for the record- believe that I was ever or will ever believe that I love him. I am not dead in his absence and I feel numb as is a normality in my daily existence. I just simply laying down a few of my teeming thoughts, as an entrance to my dramatic life and experiences.
Life is a plethora of experiences and no one can hope obtain only pleasant ones. It’s always a “lesser of two evils” choice. I leave you for now with only the gnawing notion that this tale is -in a way- reflecting me. Yet, you see, I am only a glimmer of existence in a sea of unrealistic dreams, hopes, and obsessions.
Life can touch one's heart but it has broken mine.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!