VIKING WAVES

"Claire!" screamed Lily and Ella. It was a stormy day, the day of the biggest storm in history for the tiny island of Zelda. Just before this terrible storm started, Claire was out on her boat, The Little Puffin all alone. Her friends Lily and Ella were out on their boat, Thunder of Thor, searching for her. The young girls were Vikings with a bit of skill. The waves turned pitch black as they grew in height to at least 10 metres. The rain turned into hail and the sky blurred in with the waves as night fell across the archipelago. The friends were scared and drifted into weariness. All of a sudden a piercing cry spread, echoing across the mountains of icy water. "Help!" the cry begged. “I can't survive much longer!" the voice echoed until no sound could be heard but the monstrous waves. A thought struck Lily and Ella. "Claire!" they both said together with a tone of excitement. They paddled like a well oiled machine, a turbo engine jet streamlining through the water powering all the way until they came to a sudden halt. Nobody was there, just at the spot where they’d heard the cry ring out. All of a sudden a wave pulled them under swallowing them. They drifted under the waves together. When they finally opened their eyes, they were on a beach in the middle of nowhere. The sky was clear, not a cloud to be seen. They turned to look at each other and sighed, “The storm must have passed over while we drifted here” said Lily staring at the sky. ”We must have been drifting for hours because that was the biggest storm in history” puffed Ella. There was something suspicious about the island thought the girls because of the peaceful unharmed landscape; it was like the storm had never hit the island. "Help! A nasty Witch has captured me and I'm imprisoned inside a hollow tree!” Lily and Ella gasped and paused for a second but quickly went searching through the forest to find the hollow tree. They had no luck until they found a massive tree which Lily cut open with her sword. There, Claire was buried in chains and was breathing quite deeply. Ella picked the locks quickly, knowing the Witch was lurking around. Suddenly out of nowhere the Witch appeared. The Witch said nothing but drew her sword, so Lily did as well, nodding with determination. The two did their sword-fighting while Ella picked all the locks that remained with her one, slightly broken bobby-pin. Lily stabbed the Witch in the foot and finally Claire was free as the Witch dropped to the ground in pain. The friends paddled into the sunset and lived happily ever after.
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!