The Blood Thirst Monster

Excellence Award in the 'Word Zone 2016' competition

On a dark, stormy night a bloodthirsty monster creeps down the sidewalk next to the jungle waiting for its next meal.
Jim was walking home when the monster jumped into action. It swiped its razor sharp claws across him. But Jim pulled a razor sharp ninja sword out and deflected it. Jim pulled the sword back and sliced chunk off the monsters leg. It tried to run away but wherever it went it left a trail of blood behind it. The monster tried to climb a tree but all the braches snapped and it fell down in front of Jim.
It kept growling but Jim. The prey became the predator. Something inside of Jim snapped and he became this evil person that wanted to kill everything in its path. What happened? What’s going on? Why did Jim turn in to this?
Jim walked off in a rage, slashing at everything. The monster stood up in a glaze, he knew he had to do something fast before Jim kills people.
The monster started to run after Jim, grabbing sticks and branches to try and stop Jim.
“What are you doing?” growled the monster. “Why are you trying to hurt everything?”
Jim kept on running, slashing everything.
BANG….CRASH….Jim had fallen over. He fell in a hole in the ground and was trapped. The monster stops. Jim’s not moving.
The monster climbs down the hole with his sharp like claws until he gets to the bottom of the pit.
The monster tried shaking Jim, he didn’t want to kill him while he was asleep, he still wanted the rush of a kill and a fight for safety.
“HEY, YOU MADMAN, WAKE UP. YOU WANT TO FIGHT, THEN LETS FIGHT. SEE IF YOU CAN GET OUT OF THIS ONE!” the monster roared at Jim. But nothing.
But then, Jim started to come to. He stared to hear, “Jim, Jim, wake up!” But he wasn’t sure where or whose voice it was.
All he knew was his eyes were heavy, he couldn’t open them. He didn’t want to wake up, he was in fear of the monster. His body, shaking again with fear.
“Jim, Jim… wake up!”
“Who’s voice is this, why am I shaking and why does the monster have a of a females voice?” He just had to open his eyes and deal with the terror.
He starts to open them. What the? You mean? You’ve got to be joking!”
To Jim’s relief and confusion, his mother was standing over the top of him. “Well, hello sleepy head. Let’s not stay up, watch a horror movie, then read Goosebumps before going to bed, ok!” Mum said.
It was a nightmare, a nightmare about the horror movie and the Goosebumps book I read after it. I put myself in the story and I really thought it was happening.
“Pheww! I’m so glad it’s not true and I definitely WON’T read or watch a horror movie before going to bed again.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!