Feelings

I was walking down the same road I always walk, but this time it wasn’t with memories of happiness. It was with cold, dark miserable felling’s. I went back to my house with my head bent in sorrow. Why did she have to go? Maybe god saw her struggling and took her up to rest.
I opened the front door; usually I see the smiling lovely face of her standing there ready to welcome me in. But all I see is the photos of those memorable times that I use to share with her. There was one where we were at the swimming pool splashing around.
I went to my room to go to sleep, every night I dreamt of happy times when she was with me and then the dream starts to break apart. I reach out to her and shout ‘’Please don’t go!’’ And then I wake up sweating and panting heavily. Then I look at the time, it is 6:30, then I mournfully and slowly got out of bed.
I think to myself, I could make myself feel better if I made something out of wood. I went down to the garage and I walked into a little room where all the wood was. I was getting some wood, and then a picture of her fell down right in front of me, my eyes filled up with tears and I sat down and I wept. A few minutes later, I got back up and finished getting the wood. I also found four wheels. Then it struck me, I can make a billy cart!
After two days of planning and four days of building, I finally made it. I went out of the garage and down on to the road, there was a big hill and I was going to go down that. She always wanted me to this but I was too afraid and I never got to do it because she passed away. She would be so proud right now; I can imagine her standing next to me saying to be careful and good luck.
I start to roll down the hill slowly picking up my speed. The as soon as I hit the steep part I zoomed down the hill like a jet breaking the sound barrier. And for the first time in three years I smiled and that smile turned into laugh, I didn’t even care that I was about to run into a wooden fence.
I hit the fence with such impact, I flung over and landed face first on the grass. Still laughing. I got up and towed my broken three wheeled go cart up the hill. It will be no problem to fix.
I am now a professional go carter. It has been 26 years since I went down that hill, go carting has helped me get my mind of her. But one thing is for sure, I will always love her and she will always love me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!