Was It Worth It?

"Why can't I go to the party?" said Claudia.
"All my friends will be going. Even Stacie and you know how strict her parents are!" said Claudia.

"Claudia, it is a school night and you're failing all your subjects at school," said mum. "So go to your room now and get your homework done."

When Claudia walked up the stairs, she whispered words under breath. When she got to her room, she took out her homework and started working on it. She was really angry. Claudia thought if she improved her grades by next week she may be able to go to the next party that is on. So she got to work. By the next day, she was so tired she almost fell asleep in gym class and that's her favourite class of the week. By the time it got to home time, she was so exhausted that she said to her mum that she wanted to do homework. I mean, who wants to do homework? Her mum said she was impressed with her good attitude. Claudia had a lot of homework to catch up on.

The next day was exam day. Claudia was really scared. She thought she was going to fail. She first had math, after that English then science and history and so much more. The teachers said that they would get their exam results back tomorrow.

By the next day, she was so freaked out that she could pull her hair out of her head.

When she got her exam results back, she looked down at them and was so surprised! She got all A+. She raced home. When she saw her mum, she told her that she got all A+. Her mum said that she was so proud and maybe she could go to the party tomorrow.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!