Watch It Or I'll Take Your Soul!

A strong soul dwells within a strong mind and a strong body.

As my partner and I walked throughout the town of Arc, it was on the dead of night. The streets were completely empty. It was dead quiet, the streetlights flickered and there was no one seen on the streets until there was a blood curdling scream. My partner and I looked at each other with wide eyes and ran towards the scream. We came across a dead body of a middle aged woman with blood dripping out her stomach where she had been wounded. And the demon hovered over her body, searching for the soul. The demon got excited when he found the pure blue soul and consumed it happily. This sinful demon must be cleansed. I look over to my partner and scream out “Luca, transform!” He grinned and transformed into a scythe that was twice my size.
I ran towards the demon and attempt to slice it, but it dodged and tried to grab me. I swung the scythe back and forth towards the demons, not even thinking for a second of how this wasn’t working. Then the demon grabbed me by the leg and swung me across the other side of town. I skidded across the pavement and gotten a couple of bruises here and there but I didn’t let that stop me from getting that soul. I looked at my partner, his reflection was visible on the surface of the scythe “Ingrid he’s not like any other demon we’ve fought. Do you think we should…?” Luca asked with concern in his eyes. I nodded and gave him a toothy grin “Yeah we should. But don’t forget you have to focus this time. Or else it’ll be like last time. I don’t want you to get hurt.” We both paused for a moment, we closed our eyes and ignored our surroundings and link our souls together. Yes, I can feel it. The electricity, our souls are connecting. This is perfect. The demon was rampaging towards us but I didn’t, we didn’t let that faze us. “Soul Cleanse.” And with that, a huge spiral circled around us, the demons were unable to come near us. It was burning them. And they were gone.
Luca transformed back into his normal form and walked over to the soul and consumed it. That’s our 68th soul. We need 20 more corrupted souls and 1 witch or warlock soul so Luca, can become a well-known Master Weapon of Hades. If you’re wondering who Hades is, he’s the principle at our school. Our school is full of students that are just like us. Every student has the exact same task as us, capture 88 souls and 1 wizard soul. But we’ll be the first to capture them all.

Be careful or I’ll take your soul!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!