David

The whirling wind was like a dog panting that had just been on a colossal muster. David was peeking through the small gap between the curtain and the bottom of the wooden frame around the window. The mammoth and minuscule trees were leaning over looking like they would fall down in a massive crash! Hundreds of limbs had fallen off the different trees. Leaves were swirling around the sky looking like they wanted to fly away like a wedge-tailed eagle. David was scared, thinking that a tree was going to fall down on his small, rustic house.
David was around 5 years of age. He was a very bright boy with a magnificent imagination. He had curly, brown hair, reaching to the bottom of his ears. He had sparkling, blue eyes that would catch the attention of anyone who walked past. He had chubby cheeks, stubby legs, a little head and white, baby teeth.
The next day the storm had stopped, but it was still extremely cold. The cloudy fog crept through the small windows, making it colder. Hail, the size of a golf ball sat on the icy ground, still rock hard. It was heavy too. David knew because he felt it him-self. Limbs were still down, trees had now fallen and leaves were still scattered around. The ground was as slippery as oil. Icicles were hanging of the edge of the roof like a bat. Finally the gleaming sun came up. It shined through the square, glass windows. David was outside in the glacial cold. He was peeking into his binoculars, transfixed on a shabby hut that he had never seen before. He asked his Mum if she had ever seen it before, but she didn’t think so. He quickly walked out of his house and down his concrete step-way, onto the rich, green grass.
About 20 minutes later he had reached the mysterious hut. The hut had a small, door with rusted tin as the walls. The olden day like hut had a small roof and a tiny bricked chimney that had small puffs of smoke coming out of it. David knocked, frantically on the rustic door several times, but there was no answer at all. He decided to walk into the hut and explore, but there was no time to explore; there was only time to watch. There were all these intriguing elves. They weren’t Santa elves though. By the looks of them they were evil elves. They were making interesting jelly bean swords!
Suddenly they all came charging at David. He had to think of something to do and quick. Skimming and slipping under the elves short legs he reached the other end. He saw a small opening in the roof and took the chance of getting out. He jumped and he got through the small opening!!! Every time he stepped on the roof it made small dints in it. He jumped off and bolted home as fast as lightning. He never went back either.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!