Unconscious

Drifting in and out of consciousness, I see dark shadows and faint human figures.
I wonder where I am and what I am doing,
Suddenly I hear, Sue... Sue... Sue...
Then I see my trashed ute, I now remember, I hit a roo. My left side hurts and there is blood all over me.

I hear someone say, She's awake, and then a siren. All at once I am lifted in the air and inside the ambulance. Someone is by my side, they sound worried, but I can't hear them properly. It takes a while before we stop and two people lift me from the ambulance. We push through double doors and into a small white hospital room. I hate hospitals, so I try to tell them, but my lips are too numb and nothing comes out. I feel like fainting, although I guess it wouldn’t make much of a difference. I haven’t a clue what they will do next, and I probably don’t want to either.

Awake at last, I don’t know how long it has been since my dreadful accident. My left leg is in a cast so something tragic must have occurred. The nurse has me on these gross tablets and says two of my ribs are broken. And that’s just me, my ute is in a pretty bad shape, I’ll most likely need to get another one.

My husband has just walked in and I am so grateful to see him. He brings me flowers and makes me blush. He says I won’t be doing much more driving for too long and I think he’s certainly right.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!