Gem Of The Temple

Today is going to be a whole new experience for detective Philip as he got a mystery in a place he had never been to before; Sri Lanka. He has travelled almost everywhere but he had never been in any place like this before. Even though Philip wanted to explore the wonderful country he had some business to take care of.
The mystery was about some sort of stolen gem at the temple. Once he got there, the tour guide was already there passing back and forth frantically then he turned to see Philip. He was full of elation because now he had the help that he needed for this mystery, his name was Johan. The investigation began and Philip was on the case but he didn’t know anything about the gem, so the
tour guide said, ‘’ The gems are on the very top and they are on about every temple but no one has ever stolen one before.’’ Philip used the rest of the day to research more about these temples to see if he can find out anything useful.
The next morning Philip got on the job and looked for clues he used a ladder to get to the top and see if there are any fingerprints but to his surprise it was back.
Philip got back down and told Johan he was over the moon to hear that, but Philip thought this was unusual so he decided to keep on investigating. He went to other temples and checked their gems then he asked what he felt about the temple that was stolen from and found out that it was the most popular temple and that one temple in particular, was enemies with Johan his name was Angelo.
Philip had looked at the surprise returned gem and it was fake, it could break like a twig, so he knew that there must have been a switch sooner or later. The Government will find out and the place would be shut down for fake resources but who could have switched it?
The next day Philip was thinking about those two tour guides, they are both enemies and they both want the same thing, this was one of the hardest mysteries that Philip had ever solved. That night, Philip was searching those two men. They are very different but then Philip hit a clue. So Philip called both Johan and Angelo together to explain what he found, first he said that the clues led to Angelo but then it was Johan. The gem was plastic and Johan used to be a fake gem maker and the reason is to get the blame on Angelo and to close him down, so he set a bunch of clues but it didn’t work. So
Johan didn’t get arrested, but was left with a warning and Philip spent his afternoon relaxing until another mystery.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!