Fear

One day I heard marching coming from outside I told Mario my dog to stay there and not to move. I also noticed that the town bell was ringing like there was no tomorrow I went to open the door to see what it was when I heard someone yell ‘’STOP’’ I turned and saw Dad standing there. He said ‘’don’t go out there’’. I asked why and he explained that some men were out there with rifles and if I was to go out there they would shoot me.

All day I heard gun fire and people yelling and screaming for help and I sometimes heard people pleading for their lives or others’ lives Mario and I sat in a dark corner in the kitchen all day.

The next day Dad went out with Mario to see if he could gather up any food or water but he didn’t come back and neither did Mario.

when night fell Mum told me to go down stairs to the food and safety cellar where I would be safe and that she would come down later as she just had to check on something.

When she got back and closed the door she said ‘’we would have to stay here for a while’’. She also said that ‘’she would have to go out once a day and if she didn’t come back to not leave the cellar’’. She told me that Dad was a very brave man and everyone would miss him dearly. Mum also told me that Mario was a great dog and that the whole family loved him and he was the best dog in the world and there was nothing to fear.

It had been some weeks now and Mum had been going out a lot and she had come back every time but I must have spoken to soon because the next day she went to find some water but by dusk she hadn’t come back.

It had been a week or two and I was still alive but I was very lonely and skinny. Finally, I had to go out and find some water because I had no water for days.

When I stepped outside I heard yelling and crying and bombs going off everywhere, someone smashed into me and knocked me out.

When I woke up I was sitting right under a light. When I tried to move my hand It didn’t work. I looked over my shoulder and saw that my hands were tied up with a rope. Then some people in uniform came in holding guns they said ‘’come with us’’ so I did as they said and went with them.

They blindfolded me and tied me to a wooden pole and then some men came out of a tent holding all sorts of guns some knelt down and the remainders stood up and they’ all lined up their guns at me and the last thing I ever heard was BANG, BANG, BANG.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!