A Girl And A Pearl

Towering cliffs, colossal caves, an eerie breeze and the breaking waves.
The smallest trinket, with metal that would link it to a small braided string.
Golden bleached grass, a girl skimming over each, closing her eyes as she reached,
the treasured thing, loose on its string began to tumble and fall.
The string on a pearl, began to curl and broke on the crashing waves.
Off the cliff would follow the pearl, if not saved by a hollow cave.
In a pool it lay, and there it would stay, never seeing the rays of sun.
A desperate girl, searching for her pearl, became tired in the last lights of day.
She looked to the sky, and began to cry, as she trailed away.
A year had passed, since she had last seen her shiny pearl.
She saw some caves, down by the waves, so she began to venture down.
Beneath the grey, there it lay, the tiny precious pearl.
Suddenly, the girl began to sing, with joy of the sight of her treasured found thing.
Now with the pearl held close to her heart, never again will the pearl and her part.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!