Rain, Rain Go Away

Rain, Rain, Go Away
I have no idea why Dad decided to go on a cycling holiday. I don’t even know if my parents know how to read a weather forecast. They defiantly need a lesson. Going to Victoria, cycling more than 50km on our expensive, new bikes in the rain was not a good idea.
So there we were sitting in the car driving for 7 hours in the pouring rain ready to be bored out of my brain. The house was okay, a cute little cottage that was surrounded by shrubs and lengthy grounds surrounding it. I convinced my sisters to share a room so I got one to myself equipped with a gorgeous air conditioning. I was happy. But then we got on our bikes.
Apparently we started off easy. A “downhill” ride (it was not). My legs ached till I thought my they actually needed to be chopped off and I was about to have a bum failure. And to top it all off it was pouring. It was bucketing down and a was saturated.
On the second day I went on a rider’s strike I absolutely refused to get on that seat that belonged to my stupid bike. I locked my door and turned on my blessed air conditioning and shivering in front of the TV planning on my next move.
Sadly all my planning went to waste. My evil parents stole my key and put me on my bike. So I rode and rode fast. My parents couldn’t keep up. I was made and I rode my little legs to death. I didn’t see the stone. I flew over the handle bars. I didn’t see the river. I was swept downstream. I didn’t see the waterfall. I fell catching on a tree branch as I plummeted down. I made it to the ground. Where was I? I didn’t know. I was stranded in Bright, Victoria when I lived in Sydney, New South Wales so far away. I was sorry. I didn’t mean to ride away. I was angry, I wanted revenge, I didn’t think. A tear trickled down my cheek. Then then the rest flowed out. It started to rain. I cried myself to sleep.
A warm hand touched my wet cheek. My legs hurt. My ankle is……… I open my eyes. It’s my Dad. Mum’s running up behind him. She swoops down on me holding me like she’ll never let me go. Dad puts his arms around me too. I start to cry.
My ankle was broken and I had multiple scars on my face and arms. But I didn’t care. One I couldn’t ride my bike anymore so I could sit in front of the TV with my air conditioner. But I also safe. Safe with my family and the dark cloud that was the cause of all of the puddles on the ground was replaced with a rainbow the rainbow of hope.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!