Watermelon Trouble

Once upon a time in the Land of Watermelon, there lived a twelve year old boy named Adrian. Adrian was no ordinary boy, he was a giant, but the strange thing was his parents were very small. They were about the size of average humans. Adrian liked walking in the Watermelon Forest and thinking about parents, and how they were so, so much smaller than him. He wondered how it must have been giving birth to him.
One day when Adrian was walking in the forest, thinking about his parents, he heard a big loud munch! Adrian stopped, stood quietly and slowly walked to see what it was…giant bunnies from out of space! Eating the watermelon forest from head to toe, even the rind grass (which is disgusting by the way). Adrian thought to himself, ‘If I’m the only giant in the whole of Watermelon Land... I have to stop these bunnies eating the whole forest, and maybe even all of Watermelon Land too!’
When Adrian got home from the forest he told his parents all about the giant bunnies. They were so shocked to hear about them and didn`t know who could save them. So Adrian went out to find them again, but they weren’t there.
Then Adrian saw the bunnies at his parents’ house! Adrian quickly ran back.
His parents were in the pantry hiding from the bunnies. They were terrified.
So Adrian got a giant carrot and got the bunnies to follow the carrot into the forest. After leading them deep into the forest, Adrian opened a portal.
He booted the carrot through the portal so the bunnies would follow.
After that, his parents told the whole village about Adrian saving the whole of Watermelon Land, so they threw him a party and then he became famous.
However, shortly after becoming famous, his parents told him he was an orphan and that he had other parents that were probably giants too. So Adrian set off to find his parents, but that’s another story.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!