A Cheesy Adventure

“Making cheese is boring! When can we stop?” complained the workers at Ralph-Pea Millar’s Easy Cheese factory. The enormous factory had cheese in all smells, types and shapes.
“You can stop when you have invented an excellent type of cheese!” screamed Ralph-Pea Millar. He was a short, fat man with a bushy blond moustache. He was wearing a chef’s hat so tall it looked like he had a white tree on his head.
In the mozzarella making room an eager cheese maker was trying to change a cheese into something else so Ralph-Pea Millar would be content.
He was dripping suspicious substances onto it. Suddenly, the mozzarella cheese jumped up.
The cheese maker was beside himself, yelling, “I’ve made a cheese come to life! Your name will be Ella!”
The cheese had grown arms and legs. They were very skinny. She also had a cute little face.
Just then a mysterious figure in dark glasses swaggered in from the dark night outside, bragging that he could make new types of cheese. He demanded two different types of cheese, a blue cheese and a cheddar cheese. The figure chanted “Cheesy Pleasey become lively.” In an instant the two cheeses grew arms, legs and faces and ran towards Ella.
“Quick, come here!” Ella led them into a storeroom. “Great! Now that we’re together let’s introduce each other. I’m Ella and I’m a mozzarella cheese. You go next,” she said, pointing to the blue cheese who had found some extraordinarily large glasses and was putting them on.
“Oh, hi I don’t have a name but I want to be called Lu Lu. Oh yeah, I am a blue cheese,” Lu Lu added confidently.
The last cheese almost yelled “My name is Ched and I am a cheddar cheese. And we should look out because there is someone at the door!”
A hand reached in and snatched Ched. Ella and Lu Lu backed away.
“We need to find him,” whispered Lu Lu.
Ella agreed, “Let’s go and find him now!”
The two ran out of the storeroom in time to see Ched being put into a box by a cheese maker and carried into a room. Muffled shouting was coming from the box. Ella and Lu Lu ran as fast as their skinny little legs would carry them and slipped inside the room as the worker left and slammed the door shut behind them.
As the two frightened cheeses lifted the lid off Ched’s box, the determined worker suddenly had a brainwave and bounded back into the room.
“I can melt you all together to make a new type of cheese!” he declared triumphantly as he lunged forward and snatched at the terrified cheeses, who nimbly dodged away.
Away went the cheeses, through the factory door and into the night. Wearily they trudged for many days until at last they stumbled across an abandoned caravan where they have been living ever since.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!