Water Bottles

I was rattling around in Ariana’s hand, as she raced her friend down her stairs. Ariana called her Emmy, I think? Actually, I think it might have been Relly. That’s a bit of a strange name. Anyway, she walked into a big, enclosed area. I’m not sure what it was. She threw me on the ground, and I yelped with pain. I turned to the left and saw someone else sitting there.
“Hard life, isn’t it?” They said to me.
“Sure is, buddy. What’s your name, and who’s your master?” I answered.
“My name is John, and my master is Alexandra. I know she’s my master and all, and I am supposed to be faithful to her, but honestly, she’s a pain in my lid! And, the bad thing is, her brother uses me too, and to be honest, he is even worse!” He complained.
I looked at him sadly, feeling his pain. “I know what it feels like. My brother, Dave the First was killed by Ariana’s friend, Maria. I don’t understand why she is still a friend of Maria’s. I’m actually Dave II. Anyway, I wish you all the best with Alexandra and her brother. I’ll hopefully see you again, sometime.” I ended our conversation as I saw Ariana running towards me.

Later that day
Ariana had sat me down on a sandy, green surface. I was forced to watch her play tennis against someone. My eyes went back and forth, with the ball. As my head turned, to see where her opposition had hit the ball, I saw someone sitting next to me, who I recognised as John. The same John I had met earlier today.
“Hey! John! It’s me, Dave!” I called.
He turned his head, and saw me, his face reacting in surprise. “Oh, hello, you’re back! Is that your master there?” He nodded towards Ariana.
“Yep, sure is. Is that boy over there your Masters’ brother?” I inquired.
“Sadly.” As he said this, he looked around and jumped in surprise. “Oh, here he comes. Nice seeing you.”
“Good luck!” I called out as his temporary master picked him up and ran away with him in his hand.
Poor John.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!