I Should Have Listened

I Should Have Listened

1942 Halloween Night

“We shouldn't be doing this Kai, this is really stupid”.
“Just be quiet and move it, we don't want to get caught in a place like this Violet”. They struggled to get under the old rusty fence of the 1000 year old haunted house on the street “Kreeds Claw”. ”Do you think Kreed actually lives here” Violet said freezing from the crisp, cool air. “Don't be stupid rose, Kreed is just a wooden dummy that adults use to scare us so we go to sleep at night” Kai said with a mocking grin on his face.

“Okay, I can't do this. I’m going back” Violet said in horror, turning away from the house. But just as they both went to wuss out, the terrifying mansion squeaked it's rotting door open. In curiosity and confusion, Kai and Violet both stupidly entered the sinister mansion.
Slowly as they entered the house, they felt as every step they took was another step to hell because of how murderous the place looked. BAM, the door smashed shut just missing Kai’s foot from getting dreadfully sliced off. The room was pitch black and they couldn't see a thing. They started to bang on the doors but it was no use because the doors were as hard as steel.

“Kai I'm really scared, please get us out of…” Violet said but suddenly got cut off. “Violet? What happened Violet?” Kai said in horror. Kai was scared but kept quiet to see if there was any chance of her talking. He waited a minute until the silence was broken by an ear piercing scream, “AHHH”. Kai knew at once whose voice it was. He could feel beads of sweat trickle down his neck. Kai’s eyes were racing everywhere around the eerie room, searching for some sign of Violet. He wasn't as brave as he thought he was and wanted to sprint as far away as he could from this cursed mansion. But he knew he couldn't, because it was because of him that Violet was gone. “I should've listened, I should've listened,” he thought to himself but in a sudden thought he remembered, he had bought his torch, Kai dived for his backpack and quickly took out his brightening torch and shined it over the room until he saw a glimpse in the corner of his eye. “Blood stains on the carpet?” Kai questioned in his head, until he finally saw Violet on the floor but as Kai shined it over her body he could only see her head, chopped off leaving horrifying blood stains spelling out “ IM COMING FOR YOU” in big bold letters.

"OH MY" Kai shouted out in horror as he backed up against the wall. Kai kept repeating again and again in his head "Why didn't I listen, Why didn't I listen” while he pitifully cries in his arms. Kai stops his sobbing to the sound of footsteps coming closer to him by the second.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!