Magic Mixture

My shiny glamorous desk sparkled in the morning light. The sunrays hits my t-shirt and warms up my body. My badge glistened brightly. The name Miss Gargoyle goes charmingly with my blue dress and red cardigan. The gentle wind that breezed through my hair fluttered in the wind. At Saint Bollywood State School, all seemed normal except for me!
Fuzziness dawned on me at first break. Lumps, moles and warts started to swell. Butterflies formed inside of me by the second. Panic arrived knowing that I had forgotten to take my magic mixture. The students will come in at any moment and see me in this monstrosity.
Suddenly it all stops and goes quite. A cracking noise explodes out of me, so much that the windows shatter. The once beautiful blue dress with a red cardigan had now been torn to threads. A fifty dollar nail treatment had been demolished all because of one little mistake! (TING TING TING) went the bell, grey chunks overcame my skin.
My beautiful face with emerald coloured eyes rose red lips and long straight black hair had turned into a ugly beast with black coloured eyes, purple lips and grey spiky hair. Hairy moles now smothered my face, like I was getting the chickenpox. It was too late, the transformation was complete. As I looked around, lots of beaming eyes stared at me in shock from what they were witnessing. Running away my little footsteps turned into thunder.
Screams and shouts filled my eardrums.
I closed my eyes to try to take the pain away.
I take a leap of faith out the second floor window. My heart pounds as I grow into an enormous long legged giant. Racing home, frozen faces stared like the world had stopped. I looked around frantically only to find empty bottles. Empty bottles I scream out at the top of my lungs.
Trying to keep calm my brain finally thinks of a solution. Leaning down on both knees, I slowly slip into the swamp. Going to gargoyle Valley was my only choice. Plunging like it was a race to victory. My world had been turned upside down.
One by one, I had gathered the ingredients and made it back to a peaceful world that we live in today. Bubbles pop as I swelled the pot. Just one slip will do.
(Gulp)
Lights shined out of me like when you look into the dazzling sun. My body shrinks, moles dissolve, grey skin turns into pail skin and my beautiful hair had been beautiful once more. The blue dress and red cardigan look better than ever.
So from that day forward, I always made extra because you can never have enough.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!