Quest To Get A Grilled Cheese Sandwich

‘Boom! Crash! Bang!’ John suddenly snapped awake from his deep slumber. His normally long, curly neat hair stuck up everywhere.
‘Ow! Me head,’ somebody groaned from downstairs. John bounced out of bed and ran downstairs as fast as his deformed limbs could go. At the bottom of the stairs lay Roshan, John’s best friend.
‘Ow! Me head,’ Roshan groaned again.
‘What on earth are you doing in my house?!!’ yelled John.
‘I wanted to get you out of bed,’ explained Roshan, ‘Apparently there is going to be the God of Dugongs appearing at the beach, today!'
John got dressed and walked outside.
It was just a typical day in the town of Lemonsburg. The windows on the cars were majorly tinted. The windows on the houses were all boarded up. The dead trees looked as skeletal as ever and the dead grass was starting to disintegrate.
‘Lemonsburg is the worst place to grow up in,’ rumbled Roshan. Roshan was always grumpy. He was also the smartest in the town. ‘Normally by now he would be well into reciting facts from his book,’ John thought.
‘Roshan, did you hit your head or something?’ asked John.
‘Yeah duh I hit my head on your stairs!’ exclaimed Roshan
‘Not my fault,’ shrugged John.
‘Quick John, we have to get to the beach! Run!’ shouted Roshan
‘We can’t, remember? You’re physically challenged and my limbs are deformed,’ replied John.
When they finally got to the beach, they witnessed the God of Dugongs breaching into the air. ‘It’s so majestic!’ cried John.
‘What does that mean?’ Roshan asked stupidly. Suddenly Roshan was grabbed by the God of Dugong's tail. ‘Ahh! It’s so ferocious!’ screamed Roshan, not having a clue what ferocious even meant. As Roshan was pulled into the water, he shouted his final wish, ‘Get me a grilled cheese sandwich!’ and was then pulled into the water.
John felt sad and angry he had just lost his best friend. John decided he would avenge Roshan by completing his final wish, to get Roshan a grilled cheese sandwich.
He needed help if was to complete Roshan’s quest and he knew exactly who to ask.
‘Knock, knock! John knocked on the door. ‘Hi Tim,’ John said through gritted teeth as the door was opened. John absolutely loathed Tim. He was a nerd, he had bad B.O., he wore his pants so high and he was weak.
‘Hello special visitor John,’ Tim spat. Oh, Tim also spat whenever he said the letter ‘P’.
After John briefed him on the mission, Tim had an idea. He ran into his house and came out with a bag. ‘This bag with items in it makes it impossible to detect what was in it,’ explained Tim excitedly. ‘First let’s go to the bakery.’
The first part to get a grilled cheese sandwich was easy. They needed to go to the bakery for bread. John just casually strolled in, took some bread and put it in the bag. ’Stop right there!’ said the owner...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!