The Flower

It was planted into the ground. Something was planted into the ground by a wise old man. The man watered it every morning, afternoon and lunch. It grew and grew until it was very beautiful. There wasn't much in the garden, the lonely garden bed. One morning, the wind blew fiercely onto the land so the old man shut himself inside the house. The wind blew so strongly, that the roots of the planted flower came right off the ground. Before the flower had flown away, it said to itself, "What a lonely but wonderful world."

As the wind calmed down, the man went to his garden bed. He realised what had happened and felt guilty. But the fact the plant live for so long, the old man felt courage and sorrow. The man planted a seed on his pot with the soil of the flower he treasured and loved. Keeping his plants in his house was a better decision, for he knew what happens if he carelessly plants them in the lonely garden bed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!