Callan The Caterpillar

One day there was a boy, his name was William. He loved small plants. He got a small plant from the shop. It was ok, he didn’t like it too much. He went home, nobody was there. His family didn’t like him at all! The plant was on the bench. Then he went to the toilet, then, heard a crunch. “WHO IS THERE?” He yelled. “Me!” Something said. “Who are you?” Willy asked. “I AM A CATERPILLAR,” something said. William laughed and said, “Don’t be silly!” “Look down.” William looked down. There was really a caterpillar talking to him. “I am magic and I have made you able to talk and listen to animals.” The caterpillar told him, “I can do that, you can help animals, you can get help from the animals and you can clearly hear and talk to animals! My name is Callan,” Callan told him. “Where did you come from?” Asked William. “I am from the other world!” Callan told him. William was about to ask him what the other world was, then he saw it.
Callan must have used his magic on him. It was full of plants and trees, it was like a paradise for animals! “Can I go there?” William asked. “Hmm ok fine!” Callan said. “YAY!” William screamed, he was so happy! They went to get everything they needed. Then Callan went on William’s backpack. Then, William ran to the road and headed north towards the bush.
William was excited. When they got to the bush they got lost. William called out to try and get an animal like a bird. Finally after about an hour the birds came! Callan asked the birds which way it was to the other world. Then the birds told them to follow them. So they did.
After a while, William asked, “When are we going to get there?” He asked. “Soon,” he said.
He finally got there! William went to a snack area. They had a place ready all for William! They even had human food! When William felt like it was home, he went outside. Then he saw lots of wonderful plants, as well as animals! So, he asked Callan if he could get some pets and some plants for him. Then it was time to go home. Then he said goodbye to the animals and went home.
William got a dog, a cat, Callan the caterpillar and a bird. Bang! Then one of his plants broke.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!