Leaving Home




As my suitcase was pulled out from the taxi and placed down gently on the pavement beside me a flutter arose in my stomach. When i touched the handle my sweaty hands slipped pushing my suit case onto the floor. The loud bang drew pairs of eyes towards me making me feel like crying. The pressure and sadness of leaving my dad for five whole years was enough, I didn't need every one staring at me as well! I stood my suit case up and looked around. Everybody was minding their own business and not even paying any attention to me . I took a firm grip on my suit case and pulled it up to the big revolving doors. They reminded me of when I was little the many hours I would spend at my mothers work annoying people by racing around and around inside the big glass cylinder. I was quickly brought back to reality when my mother tapped my on the shoulder and told me we had to go inside.

As I walked in I was welcomed by a noisy chattering. People were running around trying to figure out where they should be and what time they should be there.The smell of alcohol and perfume made a very strong sent for ones poor nose. I was pretty sure that I felt my nose hairs burn away!!! I felt my mother take hold of my hand as soon as she saw how extremely busy it was. I looked down at my dirty high top sneakers and felt tears springing from my eyes but I kept on walking ignoring my feelings.I tried to clear my head of thoughts but the memories of him would not stop coming back ,filling my heart with sadness. One of my earliest memories of time together is when he would give up his time to teach me the instrument he had wanted to learn his whole life the Piano ,and now here I am all because of the time and patience he was willing to dedicate to me so I could live his dream. Leaving to go to study at the Academy of Music in NYC for five years was a once in a life time opportunity but all I really wanted at that very moment was to see him once again before I left to live with my mum's best friend from drama school. That thought made me have to sit down and go over a few times but we still needed to reach our gate before I could collapse.

After we had been though customs, we finally reached our gate and boarded the plane. Unfortunately my mother and I were not next to each other but she was only coming so she could introduce to her friend. When finally we took off I was fast asleep dreaming of my Dad, pianos, and what it would be like when I got there!


The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!