Man And Tiger

Man and Tiger

The tiger roared at me as I sprinted across the golden plains away from the jaws of death. I dived into the long grass just as the tiger bounded past me. I breathed in a sigh of relief. As the tiger padded away from me I noticed a small movement in the grass. I caught a glimpse of a black and orange tail much like the one of the tiger that was chasing me before, only smaller. Then I saw another and another and very soon all I saw three adorable tiger cubs bounding playfully and happily towards the bigger tiger, which I had just realized was their mother. I was still thinking about what happened with the tiger moments before when I was frightened for my life. I decided to go back there tomorrow and see if the tiger meant harm or was just protecting its cubs.

I was crawling through the golden grass towards the tiger’s den. As I got closer I heard a small whimper. I peeked through the grass to see what it was and before my eyes lying on the grass was one of the tiger cubs. It was scratching intently on its front paw. I crawled out of the grass and reached towards its paw. The cub noticed me but didn’t make a move to escape, it almost seemed like it needed my help. Then I saw the small splinter imbedded in the cubs paw. If only I could just get it out I thought.

I tried and tried to get it out with my fingernail but it just wouldn’t come out. Then I had a brainwave. I could make a pair of tweezers out of the stiff grass and a rubber band I had in my pocket. It was a little tricky but I got it in the end. Making the tweezers was easy; it was taking the splinter out that was really tricky. I took about an hour; the tiger must have wedged it in even more when it was trying to get it out.

I heard a rustling in the grass behind me. Oh No! The mother tiger must be coming back. I turned to run but it was too late. She saw me but didn’t make a move to attack. She must have noticed the cub wasn’t whimpering or scratching at its paw anymore. I slowly walked over to her. She smelt my hand that I had carefully offered. She trusted me now. The three tiger cubs cautiously padded over to me and snuggled into my lap; it was the best feeling ever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!