That Day...

Golden silky hair streamed down her back. Her Bright blue eyes sparkled in the sun. Her nose was like a red button on a dress scorched by the sun. Her Dazzling white teeth shone like the pearls on her necklace.her nimble fingers reached down to pick up the hair brush she had dropped while brushing her golden locks. Flinging the brush into the cluttered dressing table, she joyously
skipped out of the house. Sarah was etasic as she frolicked through the Autumn foliage by the tranquil blue lake. Sunshine filtered through the tall oaks like a picture forged in gold. The melodious chatter of wrens, finches and sparrows and the honking of wood ducks and geese were music to her ears. The balmy breeze carried a fragrance of roses and jasmine that grew among the shrubbery. Two fox terriors scampered playfully by like two mischievous little boys.In an instant the almost peaceful park turned into one of chaos. The wailing of sirens grew louder, the blue and red lights flashed continuously as a white commodore skidded in the gravel and screeched to a halt, followed closely by more lights and sirens as Ambulance and rescue vehicles rounded the bend and came to a abrupt stop beside the police car. Uniformed officers crowded by the waters edge. Some were waist deep in the cold rippling water. They shouted instructions above the terrified birds who quickly exited the lake at tremendous speed. The two terriers dashed by at lightning speed and hurdled themselves into the water.
Would they find the little boy in time to save him?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!