Main Street

Have you ever wondered what the busiest street in the world looks like? Well it has lots of cars with colourful paint. It also has lots of people walking on the path, with places these busy chain reactions can happen very often. For example, a boy just threw a banana peel on the floor. Someone slid on in and friction can stop it… maybe not. Oh no, the man who slid smashed into a bin, the bin rolls off and onto the road. A blue BMW just hit it and oh dear.
The BMW slides into the centre of the road and here comes a chain reaction. Cars crashing into each other, people being ran over, cars crashing into shops.
‘Whoever threw that peel will be punished!’ screamed the woman in the red Jeep.
‘I think I ran over him!’ shouted the man in the white Volkswagen.
Chaos finally arrived fair and square, people shrieking and screaming on the footpath. People get swallowed by the giant crash-centre and cars running into shops.
‘SEIZE WHOEVER THREW THAT BLSTED PEEL!!!’ the shopkeeper screamed to the heavens.
‘What the BEEP is happening?’ Anne’s dad swore as loud as he can.
A few hours later, the chaos lessened and people calmed down. (That took a while) while the boy is at home, watching TV.
‘Many killed, thousands injured in this fatal devastating accident. Mark Fergusson, seven news,’
concluded the news reporter.
The family of the boy was terrified and the boy was even more petrified.
‘What a lot of accidd-d-d-d-d-dents,’ stuttered the boy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!