Magnus The 13th Olympian

Hi, my name is Magnus. I am 12 years old, and I am a God
So, I was on a plane to New York, just sitting there in row K Seat 4, watching a movie minding my own bees wax, until…. a boy about 16-17 comes up to me looking intense. He was wearing a light blue t-shirt with wave on it, a black leather jacket and brown skinny jeans.
"Magnus Riordan?” he said in a light and happy tone.
“How do you know my name?” I replied cautiously.
“Prophecies,” he said.
"What..why are you talking to me?” I inquired.
“Well, I don't know how to put this, but you're a Demi-God, you need to come with me to ‘The Demigod camp’ it’s the only place you will be safe,” he said casually.
“Demi what, what?” I said in a confused tone, “are you saying I'm in danger??
He nodded calmly.
"Well, if I am so in danger, then why haven't I been attacked or hurt?” I continued.
“I don't know, but you have to trust me, my name is Matthew,” he said losing his cool and becoming slightly desperate.
“WHY DEMI GOD CAMP?” I thought. “Why not a cool name like Camp Half-God?”
He smiled the weirdest smile, then there was a flash and we were no longer on a plane. We were walking through huge iron gates into a camp that was lit up like a warm summer afternoon. Whilst progressing through the camp, I started to see cabins. In particular, one cabin had golden double doors with lightning bolts for handles. Above each cabin was a holographic symbol, there was a flaming hammer, lightning bolts, flowers, doves, and eight other symbols above eight other cabins.
Suddenly, a loud crash shook the ground of the camp. I ran nervously into the forest to the far right of the camp, and then I felt relaxed. Strangely the forest has always been the only place I can relax. As I was leaning on a tree something grew heavy in my left pocket, I put my hand into my pocket and I felt a… a leaf, but not any leaf it was made of steel. Nervously I took it out, it was a perfect leaf except for a gold coin sized cutaway.
Something else grew heavy in my pocket, I put my left hand in and took it out, sitting in the middle of my hand was shiny golden coin the exact size that fit in my leaf.
Very nervously, I placed the coin in the leaf. Immediately the leaf shot out into a golden broadsword, it was perfect. Nervously I ran out with my sword, I saw a mechanical horse restrained by two campers, I slashed at it with full force and with one blow, it disintegrated.
The campers turned around and announced, "You are the prophecy.”
I fell down dazed, exhausted and utterly confused.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!